10 oz garoupa 石斑
3 oz canned water chestnut slices
8 oz asparagus
1 tsp minced ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cooking wine
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp water
1½ tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Remove bones of the garoupa and cut into pieces. Add marinade and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rinse and drain water chestnut.
- Peel skin of asparagus and cut into long strip slantwise.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok. Sauté water chestnut and asparagus for 1 to 2 minutes. Add garoupa and stir-fry until nearly done.
- Mix in sauce and bring to a boil. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution. Remove and serve.
Source: Hong Kong magazine