500 g curly shells pasta
500 g low fat ricotta cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp thyme, stalk removed and chopped
1 tbsp marjoram, stalks removed and chopped
12 slices prosciutto
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta following instructions on package. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Mix into the pasta with the herbs.
- Line a 20 cm spring-form tin with 8 pieces prosciutto on the bottom and sides.
- Spoon the pasta mixture into the tin and press down. Place the remaining prosciutto on the top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and cook for 10 more minutes to crisp the prosciutto.
- Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and serve with tomato sauce.
Makes 8 servings.