1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
6 oz asparagus, cut into sections
1/2 can straw mushroom, rinsed and drained
1/2 can button mushroom, rinsed and drained
1/2 carrot, peeled and diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 tsp sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
- Cut mushrooms into halves.
- Cook carrot in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Cut 1/3 portion of the pineapple lengthwise. Remove the flesh from the 2 portions. Cut flesh into dices and soak in salted water (1 tsp salt in 3 cups water). Reserve the shell of the large portion.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok, saute the mushrooms briefly. Add ketchup and curry powder. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, carrot, green pepper and asparagus. Toss for another minute. Add seasoning and thickening. Stir until most of the sauce is absorbed.
- Add pineapple and nuts. Toss to combine. Remove to the pineapple shell and serve.
Source: Hong Kong magazine