3 tablespoons ghee or butter
1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
10 oz mushrooms, wiped with moistened kitchen paper
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
fresh coriander sprigs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter in a shallow saucepan and fry the ginger-garlic paste for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until slightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee or butter in a separate pan and add the garam masala powder. Fry for just a few seconds and add the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the coriander and season with salt.
- Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate until firm.
- Just before you are ready to serve, remove the butter from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- Re-heat the mushrooms and serve the curry butter separately on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Indian in Six