1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 oz mushrooms
6 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp medium chili powder
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh coriander sprigs and 1 lime cut into wedges, to garnish
4-6 flour tortillas, warmed, to serve
1 ripe avocado
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1 green chili, seeded and roughly chopped
juice of 1 lime
- Slice the onion. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into strips. Combine the onion and peppers in a bowl. Add the crushed garlic and mix lightly.
- Remove the mushroom stalks. Slice the mushroom caps and add to the pepper mixture in the bowl.
- Mix the oil and chili powder in a cup, pour over the vegetable mixture and stir well. Set aside.
- To make the guacamole, cut the avocado in half and remove the stone and the peel. Put the flesh into a food processor or blender with the shallot, green chili and lime juice. Process for 1 minute, until smooth. Scrape into a small bowl, cover closely and put in the fridge to chill until required.
- Heat a frying pan or wok until very hot. Add the marinated vegetables and stir-fry over high heat for 5-6 minutes, until the mushrooms and peppers are just tender. Season well.
- Spoon a little of the filling on to each tortilla and roll up. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges and serve with the guacamole.
Makes 2 servings.
Source: Essential Vegetarian