4 French rolls
1/2 pound ground breakfast sausage
6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
1/2 cup spinach leaves
3 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons melted butter
pepper and salt, to taste
Sriracha, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Carefully hollow out the bread rolls, making sure the outside of the bread remains intact.
- Slice the mushrooms and cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, cook the breakfast sausage until cooked through.
- Coat the inside of the buns with butter. Add 3-4 tablespoons of breakfast sausage followed by the Cheddar cheese, sliced mushrooms, spinach leaves, and the cherry tomatoes.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove and crack one egg into each bread boat. Return them to the oven for an additional 4-5 minutes and until the egg whites set and cooked appropriately (the yolks should be somewhat runny).
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle with Sriracha and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Food Steez