1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 brown onion, sliced
3 x 8 oz pork fillets, trimmed and sliced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup plum jam
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
7 oz snow peas, trimmed and halved
steamed rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Place the onion in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook in batches for 3 minutes.
- Remove the onion and pork and set aside.
- Add the ginger, garlic, stock, jam, soy and five-spice to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the jam is melted.
- Return the pork and onion to the pan, add the snow peas and cook for 1 minute or until the snow peas are tender. Serve with steamed rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Donna Hay