6 large eggs
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp tarragon (or Dijon) mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 small shallot, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
1 Tbsp capers
1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
12 slices multi-grain whole wheat bread
- Bring a medium saucepan filled three quarters with water to a boil.
- Add eggs and cook 9 minutes (center of yolk will be slightly creamy).
- Carefully pour off hot water and rinse eggs with cold running water to cool. Peel eggs and roughly chop.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add remaining ingredients. Gently fold in eggs.
- Spread the egg salad on the bread slices and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: The Oprah magazine