1-3/4 kilograms pork belly (rind scored)
4 tablespoons tahini
4 tablespoons soy sauce
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
- Get out a shallow dish in which the scored pork will fit snugly and in it whisk together the tahini, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice.
- Sit the pork on top, skin-side up. You should find the marinade covers the underside and most of the sides, but doesn’t touch the rind: that’s what you want.
- Leave the pork in the fridge to marinate overnight, covered with foil, and then take out to return to room temperature before it goes into the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300ºF).
- Get out a shallow roasting tin and line with foil.
- Transfer the pork to the roasting tin and cook it uncovered for 3½ hours, then turn the oven up to 250°C (450ºF) and cook for a further 1/2 hour to let the skin crisp to crunchy burnished perfection.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Source: Kitchen – Recipes from the Heart of the Home