1 lb beets. ends trimmed. chopped into chunks (about 5 beets)
1 tsp grapeseed, camellia or sunflower oil
1-1/4 cups light coconut milk
juice of 1/2 lime
3 Tbsp honey, divided
2 Tbsp fresh mint (optional)
2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
1/3 cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
3 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200º).
- Place beets on baking sheet and toss with oil. Roast until tender, stirring once, about 35 minutes. Let beets cool.
- Place cooked beets in blender container along with coconut milk, lime juice, 2 Tbsp honey, mint (if using), ginger, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt. Blend until smooth. Chill mixture until needed.
- To make muesli, heat coconut oil and 1 Tbsp honey in skillet over medium heat until liquefied.
- Add rolled oats or quinoa flakes, pumpkin seeds, cranberries or cherries, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt to skillet. Heat until grains are toasted, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Spread mixture on baking sheet or cutting board to cool.
- To serve, place about 1/2 cup yogurt in each serving bowl and stir in some beet puree. Top with muesli mixture.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: Sage magazine