1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar
3 packets monk fruit extract
1 no-sugar-added dark chocolate bar
- Mix the almond butter, coconut nectar, and monk fruit extract in a mixing bowl until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized balls, stick a toothpick in each ball, and place on a piece of wax paper on a plate. Transfer to the freezer and chill until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Place three-quarters of the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on high until the chocolate has just melted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the remaining chocolate and stir smooth and still warm.
- Remove the almond butter balls from the freezer and, using toothpick as an aid, roll a truffle to coat with the chocolate until covered. Set on the wax paper-lined plate to cool. Repeat with the remaining truffles. Place back in the freezer to set, about 5 minutes and serve.
You can roll the truffles in 1/4 cup of chopped almonds before they set for a prettier presentation and extra negative calorie power.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Negative Calorie Foods