1.2 kg rack of venison, trimmed and tied
1 leek, trimmed and halved lengthwise
3 tbsp olive oil
1-1/2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp cracked pepper
3 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a pan of boiling salted water, submerge the leeks for 1 minute and then refresh in cold water. Choose the longest strips of leeks to cover up the string around the venison, tucking the strips into themselves at the back to hold them in place.
- Brush the meat with the olive oil and then rub in the combined salt, pepper and coriander seeds.
- In a very hot heavy pan, seal the meat on both sides until golden brown, about 30-40 seconds each side, and then place in a roasting tray.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes for rare, 20 minutes for medium or 25 minutes for well done.
- Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Wall Paper