Posted on February 4, 2017 by cookwithkathy
3 tablespoons ghee or butter
1/2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
10 oz mushrooms, wiped with moistened kitchen paper
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
fresh coriander sprigs
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee or butter in a shallow saucepan and fry the ginger-garlic paste for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until slightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the remaining ghee or butter in a separate pan and add the garam masala powder. Fry for just a few seconds and add the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the coriander and season with salt.
- Remove from the heat, cool and refrigerate until firm.
- Just before you are ready to serve, remove the butter from the fridge and bring it to room temperature.
- Re-heat the mushrooms and serve the curry butter separately on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Indian in Six
Filed under: Asian, Dairy, Herb, Mushroom, Recipe Clipping | Comments Off on Indian-style Sautéed Mushroom Served with Curry Butter
Posted on January 9, 2017 by cookwithkathy
2 large portobello mushrooms (75-100 g each), wiped clean
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs, such as basil, tarragon or chives
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Brush the mushrooms with oil and season with pepper. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning once, until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small non-stick pan. Whisk the eggs with a fork and season with pepper. Add to the pan and cook, stirring, over a gentle heat until lightly scrambled. Stir in the herbs and serve at once piled onto the mushrooms.
Makes 1 serving.
Source: GL Diet Made Simple
Filed under: Breakfast, Egg, Herb, Mushroom, Recipe Clipping | Comments Off on Grilled Portobello Mushrooms and Scrambled Eggs