Posted on October 13, 2014 by cookwithkathy
1 stale large white loaf
5 oz butter, melted
4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
4 cherry tomatoes
4 cocktail sausages
1 tbsp vegetable oil
6 button mushrooms, halved
4 quail eggs
parsley sprigs to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cut crusts off bread to give a 3 x 3 x 10-inch rectangle. Cut into 4 equal slices measuring 3 x 3 x 2½-inch. Score a 2 x 2-inch square in the centre of each bread cube, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Work a knife round the central square, cutting down to within 1/2 inch of base and remove the inner square of bread and use to make breadcrumbs.
- Brush the cubes with melted butter and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until they are crisp and golden.
- Roll up the bacon and secure with cocktail sticks. Thread on tomatoes and grill under a preheat grill for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked. Fry the sausages in the oil until brown, then add the mushrooms and continue cooking for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Plunge the eggs into boiling water for 2 minutes. Refresh in cold water and remove the shells.
- Arrange the bacon rolls, tomatoes, sausages, mushrooms and egg in the bread croûte. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Breakfasts and Brunches
Filed under: Breakfast, Egg, Pizza, Recipe Clipping, Vegetable | Comments Off on Breakfast Croustades
Posted on January 1, 2014 by cookwithkathy
6 oz potato, peeled and diced
2 tbsp butter or margarine
4 oz self-rising flour
1 tbsp milk
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 oz button mushroom, sliced
2 to 3 oz pepperoni, thinly sliced
2 to 3 large tomatoes, sliced
1 tsp freshly chopped thyme or oregano
2 oz mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Cook potato in boiling salted water for 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Mash potato or puree in a food processor. Add butter and seasonings to taste and mash until smooth. Gradually work in flour and milk to give a fairly stiff dough. On a floured surface, roll out to a round about 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Fry pizza base gently for 7 to 8 minutes or until underside is well browned.
- Heat remaining oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic until beginning to turn brown. Add mushroom and fry for a few minutes longer.
- Spoon onion mixture over base, and cover with pepperoni, tomato and herbs. Place mozzarella slices on top and sprinkle with grated cheddar. Place under a grill and cook until cheese is melted and browned. Cut into wedges and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: 50 ways with potatoes
Filed under: Pizza, Recipe Clipping, Vegetable | Comments Off on Pizza with Potato
Posted on November 27, 2013 by cookwithkathy
16 raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
1 tsp lime juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
12 oz spaghettini
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2-inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1 bunch cilantro
1 small bunch of Thai basil
1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley
juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
- To make the Asian pesto, blend garlic, ginger, and salt with food processor. Reserve a few pine nuts for serving, and then add the remaining ingredients except sesame oil. Process briefly to a coarse purée. Drizzle sesame oil into the mixture while blending. Remove and set aside.
- Mix lime juice, garlic and 2 tbsp olive oil in a bowl. Add shrimp and coat well. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet. Drain shrimp and add to skillet. Sauté over high heat for 2 minutes, until just pink. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and add a small ladle of pasta water to the pesto.
- Toss pasta and pesto together. Remove to serving plates. Top with shrimps and pine nuts before serving.
Makes 4 to 5 servings.
Source: Noodles and Pasta
Filed under: Asian, Pizza, Recipe Clipping, Seafood | Comments Off on Asian-flavour Pasta with shrimp
Posted on December 5, 2012 by cookwithkathy
1 12-inch pizza crust, baked
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into chunks.
1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
1/4 cup sliced black olive
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spoon over pizza crust.
- Place egg wedges over tomato mixture. Scatter olive over pizza. Top with cheeses.
- Microwave pizza on high until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve.
Source: Manitoba Style
Filed under: Cheese, Egg, Pizza, Recipe Clipping, Vegetable | Comments Off on A Quick Pizza
Posted on February 5, 2012 by cookwithkathy
1½ cups all purpose flour
4½ tsp quick-rise yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 cup very warm regular, 2% or fat-free evaporated milk (120°F-130°F)
1/4 cup vegetable Oil
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup (175 mL) crumbled feta cheese
1 tbsp vegetable Oil
500g diced frozen vegetables
1 tsp Italian herb blend or Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 tsp Italian herb blend or Italian seasoning
- Batter: Grease an 8″ x 8″ (2 L) baking dish. Mix all ingredients in prepared dish.
- Filling: Sprinkle batter with mozzarella, top with feta.
- Sauté vegetables, herb seasoning, salt and pepper in canola oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Drain vegetables before placing them evenly on top of batter.
- Topping: Sprinkle with mozzarella and herb topping.
- Bake by placing in a cold oven. Set temperature to 350ºF; baking for 30-35 minutes or until baked through.
Source: Canadian magazine
Filed under: Cheese, Pizza, Recipe Clipping, Vegetable | Comments Off on An Easy-to-make Pizza